Tips on How to Begin Your Spring Cleanup
During the winter months, everyone can look over their landscaping needs due to the amount of snow that hits the northeast. Once the warmer weather starts to roll around and the snow begins to melt, many people may become overwhelmed at just how much of a spring cleanup is necessary to get their landscape in tip top shape for the summertime. Luckily, we are here to help with some of our favorite top tips on how you can get your spring cleanup started and feel stress-free in no time! Check out some ways that you can get started:
- Pick up leaves/debris on your lawn. First, look at your yard and assess what work needs to be done. Ensure that all leaves and debris from the winter months are picked up so that your grass can breathe and grow.
- Trim your bushes and weed. Next, one by one, trim all your bushes down so that they have a more clean-cut feel. While you are working on yardwork, it is also a great time to pull out any weeds that have grown over the months and clean up your flower beds. If you are feeling extra motivated, get some flowers planted, as well!
- Clean your windows. When you begin cleaning your windows, be sure to be extra thorough and pull the screens out so that you are capturing any dirt and/or bugs that accumulated over the months. Hose your screens down and wash your windows with your window cleaner of choice.
- Clean out your gutters. This is everyone’s least favorite task but must be done! When you are cleaning out your gutters, make sure that all the leaves and twigs are out of them, so they are not backed up.
- Rent a pressure washer. If you do not own one, rent a pressure washer so that you can remove all potential mold and mildew, keep the outside of your home in tip-top shape and make it sparkling clean!